Verizon Indycar Series 2017

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039


No niin, Simon Pagenaud ja muut kauden menestyjät palkittiin sarjan päätösjuhlassa ja pikku hiljaa voi katseen suunnata jo ensi vuoteen.

Jo hyvä tovi sitten julkaistu kilpailukalenteri noudattaa pitkälti samaa kaavaa kuin päättyneellä kaudella. Muutoksista mainittakoot Phoenixin kisan siirtyminen huhtikuun alusta sen loppuun, sekä Gatewayn paluu 14 vuoden tauon jälkeen kisaisännäksi.

Kuljettajalista (10.3.2017):

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
Conor Daly
Carlos Munoz

Andretti Autosport:
Marco Andretti
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Alexander Rossi

Takuma Sato

Chip Ganassi Racing:
Charlie Kimball
Scott Dixon
Tony Kanaan
Max Chilton

Dale Coyne Racing:
Sebastien Bourdais
Ed Jones

Ed Carpenter Racing:
Ed Carpenter (ovaalikilpailut)
Spencer Pigot
J. R. Hildebrand

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing:
Graham Rahal

Schmidt Peterson Motorsport:
James Hinchcliffe
Mihail Aljošin

Penske:
Simon Pagenaud
Josef Newgarden
Helio Castroneves
Will Power
Juan Pablo Montoya (Indy 500)

Linkkejä:
Sarjan virallinen kotisivu
Facebook
Wikipedia (EN)

www.racer.com/indycar
www.motorsport.com/indycar

Tässä lyhyesti mitä nyt päällimmäisenä oli mielessä.
 
Viimeksi muokattu:

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039
Chip Ganassi tehnyt monivuotisen moottorisopimuksen Hondan kanssa.

CHIP GANASSI RACING TEAMS CONFIRMS SWITCH TO HONDA ENGINES FOR 2017
By INDYCAR | Published: Oct 7, 2016

A successful pairing is back together again. Chip Ganassi Racing Teams, which has won nine Indy car championships powered by Honda engines, has signed a multiyear deal to work with the manufacturer again for the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series season and beyond.

CGRT and Honda teamed to win four straight CART titles from 1996-99 and four straight again in the Verizon IndyCar Series from 2008-11. The most recent championship came with Scott Dixon in 2013. CGRT has run Chevrolet engines the past three seasons.

“We’ve had a long and successful relationship with Honda over the years and we look forward to getting it back on track,” team owner Chip Ganassi said. “I feel a little like I am going home after having previously spent 12 years with them. Much of our organization’s success has been with Honda power in our cars, so we are all very excited.”

The history of Honda Performance Development and Chip Ganassi Racing Teams dates to 1996, when driver Jimmy Vasser won the CART title. Alex Zanardi won back-to-back championships in 1997-98 before Juan Pablo Montoya made it four in a row in 1999. Dixon claimed the Verizon IndyCar Series crown in 2008 with Honda power before Dario Franchitti collected three straight from 2009-11.

The CGRT-Honda relationship has produced 77 of the team’s 102 Indy car victories over 12 years of partnership.

“The Honda-Ganassi association is one of the most successful in the history of Honda’s North American racing programs,” said Art St. Cyr, president of Honda Performance Development.

“The Ganassi organization was one of our partners when Honda won its first Championship Auto Racing Teams (CART) manufacturers’ championship in 1996; and a Ganassi driver, Jimmy Vasser, won our first CART drivers’ title that same year. The Honda-Ganassi partnership has produced 77 race victories and multiple series championships in both CART and INDYCAR. ... We welcome the return of our partnership and look forward to returning to Victory Circle together in 2017.”
Linkki uutiseen.
 

IntriguingMan

Matinkylän Mimmo Schiattarella
Liittynyt
30.1.2012
Viestit
3709
Sijainti
Salo
Ganassin kuviot menevät näemmä uusiksi. Siirtyminen Hondaan on jonkunlainen hyppäys mukavuusalueen ulkopuolelle jos tilastoihin tuijottaa. Vaikka Dixon nyt 2013 voittikin mestaruutensa Hondan koneella.

PS: IndyCar kauden 2017 alkuun on nyt 155 päivää
 

K. August

Well-known member
Liittynyt
25.11.2010
Viestit
2405
Penske jossain määrin vääristi Chevyn ylivoimaa päättyneellä kaudella, muiden tallien osalta Chevy ei juurikaan ollut Hondaa parempi. Rahal voitti Hondalla kaikki Ganassin Chevyt.

Lyhyet ovaalit olivat Hondan heikkous, kun taas speedway-paketti oli Hondalla jopa Chevyä parempi. Road courseilla Chevy oli ehkä hitusen parempi ja aero säilyy molemmilla valmistajilla samana 2017. 2018 sitten moottori onkin ainoa ero sarjan siirtyessä yhtenäiseen aero kittiin.
 

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039
A.J. Foyt Racing vaihtaa moottoritoimittajan Hondasta Chevroletiin ja tämä tietää muun muassa sitä, että Takuma Saton on etsittävä ajopaikkaa jostain muualta. Jos Honda haluaa hänet pitää mukana sarjassa, niin se saattaisi onnistua Andretti Autosportin neljännen tai Dale Coynen toisen auton ratissa.

INDYCAR: AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy

A.J. Foyt and Chevrolet go way back in his massive list of racing accomplishments, and they're being reunited in 2017.

RACER.com can confirm that Foyt's two-car ABC Supply team will be powered by Chevrolet next year in the Verizon IndyCar Series.

"Yeah, I think we're going back with 'em," IndyCar's all-time winner said on Thursday. "I've had a lot of good memories with Chevrolet."

Larry Foyt, president of his father's Houston-based operation, said the contract is yet to be finalized "but it looks like we're headed that way."

With Chip Ganassi's four-car armada returning to Honda in 2017, it was obvious the manufacturer would not be supplying 15 cars and it was assumed at least one and maybe two of its current teams would be switching engines next season. Sam Schmidt told RACER.com on Monday his plan was to stay with Honda.

Foyt drove a Chevy in IndyCar, NASCAR, USAC and sports cars during his 36-year career. He captured Nassau Speed Weeks in a Chevy-powered Scarab in 1963, won several USAC sprint races in a Chevy in the early 1960s, won the pole for the Daytona 500 in 1976 and qualified second for the Bowtie Brigade in 1991 at Indianapolis. Kenny Brack won Indy for A.J. in 1999 driving an Oldsmobile.

In his four seasons with Foyt, Takuma Sato could produce only one win, at the Long Beach Grand Prix in 2013. The team struggled in 2016, with Sato finishing 17th in the point standings and teammate Jack Hawksworth 20th. If Honda wants to keep Sato in the series, it's speculated he could go into Michael Andretti's fourth car or Dale Coyne's second. But Foyt is looking for two new shoes.

"We're talking to four or five drivers and some engineers, just waiting to get our engine contract done, and then go form there," said Larry Foyt, who is thought be interested in Juan Montoya, Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly and Sage Karam.

"IndyCar is such a tight field and everyone gets better ever year so we need to take a bigger step than everyone else."
racer.com
 

IntriguingMan

Matinkylän Mimmo Schiattarella
Liittynyt
30.1.2012
Viestit
3709
Sijainti
Salo
Uutta kautta odotellessa katselin todellisen klassikkokisan

MAVTV 500 2015

Meno on uusintanakin katsottuna yhtä hurjaa kuin suorana lähetyksenä. Ne muutama tuhat katsojaa jotka paikan päälle vaivautuivat, näkivät sellaista menoa mikä jäi avopyöräurheilun historiaan. Harmi, että kisan ajoitus vesitettiin totaalisesti. Oikea ajankohta olisi ollut syyskuun lopun ja marraskuun alun välissä.
 

IntriguingMan

Matinkylän Mimmo Schiattarella
Liittynyt
30.1.2012
Viestit
3709
Sijainti
Salo
Eli DW12-rungolla on silloin takanaan 9 kautta kun kokonaan uusi konsepti tulee. Välissä käytetään 2018-2020 yhtenäistä aerokittiä. Lievä pettymyksen maku hommasta jää, kolme kautta kestävä sekoilu moottorivalmistajaan sidotun aerokitin kanssa ei ole ihan ongelmitta sujunut. Vaikka kierrosaikoja on rikottu, hintalappu on ollut vähän liian kova.

Joskus olen miettinyt, mihin suuntaan kehitys olisi mennyt jos Lolan tarjous kaudelle 2012 olisi hyväksytty? Lolahan pisti lapun luukulle melko pian sen jälkeen kun sopimus spec-rungosta meni Dallaralle. Ja nyt Dallaralla on melkeinpä monopoliasema avopyöräisissä (poislukien F1). Dallarankin kanssa asiat olisi voinut tehdä toisin. Jos 2012 olisi tullut selkeä jäädytyspäätös vaikkapa 2018 asti, saatettaisiin silloin nähdä kokonaan uusi runko.
 
Viimeksi muokattu:

spotter90

Half Blind, Full Throttle
Liittynyt
8.9.2014
Viestit
6278
Sijainti
Helsinki
Kuten aikaisemmin todettu, Josef Newgarden vei Montoyan paikan Penske-tallissa. Juan Pablo pääsee kuitenkin ajamaan Indy 500:n. Mahdollisesti on mukana tallin IMSA-projektissa.

Takuma Sato puolestaan siirtyy Andretti Autosportin riveihin. Hän korvaa Carlos Munozin autossa #26.
 

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039
J. R. Hildebrand ajaa ensi kaudella koko sarjan Ed Carpenter Racingin auton nro 21 kuljettajana.

INDYCAR: Hildebrand lands ECR drive
Thursday, 03 November 2016

JR Hildebrand is expected to be confirmed as Josef Newgarden's replacement at Ed Carpenter Racing.

The 28-year-old Californian will step into the No. 21 Chevy that Newgarden piloted to three victories and a fourth-place finish in the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series championship.

The move has been verified by sources with immediate knowledge of the deal, and Carpenter told RACER that his team is preparing to confirm its plans for the seat. "We're going to make our announcement on the 21 car tomorrow," he said. Asked if the driver was American, Carpenter responded with, "It could be."

After losing Newgarden to Team Penske, and Newgarden's engineer Jeremy Milless to Andretti Autosport, ECR will enter 2017 with two significant changes to its flagship No. 21 program.

Known for his oval expertise, Hildebrand should shine for ECR at the six speedways on the calendar, but with 11 road and street courses dominating the schedule, he'll need to deliver at every round to maintain the team's position towards the top of the standings.

Although Hildebrand's road racing skills have been questioned at times, his last full season with Panther - a team that focused most of its R&D budget on ovals - in 2012 produced a fifth at Long Beach, seventh in Brazil, seventh at Toronto, ninth at Mid-Ohio, and eighth at Sonoma. Coming off a year where Newgarden scored two road course podiums and a pair of top sixes, Hildebrand is in a prime position to demonstrate his abilities at every circuit and without limitations.

Alongside Hildebrand, Carpenter will continue driving the sister No. 20 Chevy on ovals; the team has yet to nominate a driver to pedal the car on road/street courses.

With Hildebrand in a full-time role, IndyCar will have seven Americans on the grid at every round. If AJ Foyt signs Conor Daly to drive his second Chevy-powered entry, the number would increase to eight, and depending on who Dale Coyne selects for his second Honda-powered car, it could grow to nine.

Hildebrand won the Indy Lights title in 2009, and spent three seasons with Panther Racing between 2011 and 2013 before moving to a part-time role with ECR in 2014. In addition to helping the team with testing and development, Hildebrand has earned consecutive finishes of 10th, eighth and sixth at the Indy 500 in the No. 6 ECR Chevy.
 

IntriguingMan

Matinkylän Mimmo Schiattarella
Liittynyt
30.1.2012
Viestit
3709
Sijainti
Salo
Viralliselta Indycar-sivustolta ilmestynyt taas klassikkokisaa tuubiin: 1988 Miami Grand Prix


Youtube

Ko. kaudella ensimmäinen kisa oli 10.huhtikuuta Phoenixissa ja päätös Miamissa 6.marraskuuta.
 

CCMK

Well-known member
Liittynyt
9.11.2009
Viestit
13586
Viralliselta Indycar-sivustolta ilmestynyt taas klassikkokisaa tuubiin: 1988 Miami Grand Prix


Youtube

Ko. kaudella ensimmäinen kisa oli 10.huhtikuuta Phoenixissa ja päätös Miamissa 6.marraskuuta.
Tuo kisa muuten aikoinaan näytettiin Suomessakin TV3:lla. Selostajat olivat Pulkkisen Timo ja Tero Palmroth ja varikolla oli itse Erkki Vanhanen. Tuosta kisasta tuli myös yhtenäinen pitkä jälkilähetys 30.11.1988 missä oli mukana tuota kisaa edeltänyt saman kisapaikan Marlboro Challenge.
 
Viimeksi muokattu:

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039
Uusia kuljettajasopimuksia julkaistu...

Racer.com -sivusto uutisoi Sebastien Bourdaisin saavan tallitoverikseen ensi kaudella hallitsevan Indy Lights -mestari Ed Jonesin, joka on tehnyt sopimuksen Dale Coynen kilpatallin kanssa.

INDYCAR: Jones lands second Coyne seat
Tuesday, 08 November 2016

Reigning Indy Lights champion Ed Jones will join Sebastien Bourdais at Dale Coyne Racing in 2017.

Multiple sources have confirmed to RACER that the Dubai-based Briton is slated to complete DCR's Honda-powered roster, and a formal announcement is expected to follow next week.

Contacted on Tuesday, Jones said "We haven't confirmed anything yet," and a call to Coyne was not immediately returned.

The pairing of four-time Champ Car champion Bourdais and a rising talent like Jones should provide DCR with one of its most promising lineups to date. Following the recent hiring of Bourdais' championship-winning race engineer Craig Hampson to work with the Frenchman, the signing of Jones, who won five races in two seasons of Lights competition with Carlin Racing, gives Coyne an impressive blend of youth and experience.

Jones will follow in the footsteps of Conor Daly, who led DCR as a rookie in 2016 with veteran engineer Michael Cannon steering the program. It's believed Cannon will look after Jones as part of the team's expanded efforts to make DCR a more consistent presence towards the front of the grid.

With Jones completing DCR's two-car effort and Daly heading the race to fill the second seat at AJ Foyt Racing, the majority of the field for 2017 the Verizon IndyCar Series has been set. For young talents like RC Enerson, Spencer Pigot, Dean Stoneman, and at least a half-dozen more, the fourth Honda-powered car at Chip Ganassi Racing, the road/street course portion of Ed Carpenter Racing's No. 20 Chevy entry, and KV Racing's single-car program become the focus of their efforts.
A.J. Foytin talli taas pestasi Dale Coynella päättyneellä kaudella ajaneen Conor Dalyn, joka korvaa Jack Hawksworthin auton nro 41 ratissa.

INDYCAR: Daly secures Foyt drive
Tuesday, 08 November 2016

When A.J. Foyt tested Conor Daly at Sebring back in 2012, he was immediately impressed.

"I told him we made a change to the car but we never touched it and after a couple laps he came back in and I asked him how it felt," recalled Foyt in a conversation after that test. "He said he really couldn't feel any difference and I knew right then that boy had a good head on his shoulders."

And now that combination of experience and youth will be partners in 2017.

Daly got the word last week he was going to be the driver of the No.41 car for A.J. Foyt Racing next season and an official announcement is expected within the week.

The 25-year-old native of Noblesville, Ind. made his IndyCar debut for A.J. in 2013 at Indianapolis and will replace Jack Hawksworth in one of the ABC Supply Specials following an impressive rookie season with Dale Coyne in 2016. Daly scored a podium a Detroit (second), ran fourth at Watkins Glen and finished sixth three times last season while also leading 56 laps.

A winner in Star Mazda, Indy Lights and GP3, Daly struggled on ovals last year but that figures to change under the tutelage of Indy's first four-time winner.

"He's a good racer and I think we could help him on the ovals if he came here," said Foyt last month.
 

korona

Well-known member
Liittynyt
5.7.2011
Viestit
643
Hetkinen, St Peteen vielä monta kuukautta ja Coyne on julkaissut kuljettajansa? Kyllä nyt maailmankirjat järkkyivät. Yleensähän toinen kuski selviää vasta katsomalla, kuka on autossa ensimmäisissä vapaissa harjoituksissa.
 

Saunatakki

Walk a Crooked Mile
Liittynyt
3.8.2014
Viestit
2039
Carlos Munoz ajaa A.J. Foytilla ensi kaudella Conor Dalyn tallikaverina. Munoz ja Takuma Sato vaihtoivat siis tässä kuskipaletissa paikkoja Saton ottaessa Munozin paikan Andretti Autoportilla. Näin se käy.

Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing

AJ Foyt Racing will have two new faces in the cockpit in 2017.

Carlos Munoz and Conor Daly will drive for the four-time Indianapolis 500 champion and team owner, replacing Takuma Sato and Jack Hawksworth.

Munoz, who drove for Andretti Autosport since he entered the series part-time in 2013, basically switched places with Sato, who signed with Andretti Autosport last month.

Munoz will drive the No. 14, with that team based in Texas.

The Colombian, 24, finished 10th in the standings this season and has posted two second-place finishes among his four Indy 500 starts. That includes this year, when he lost to then-teammate and rookie Alexander Rossi. Munoz has one win and one pole in 53 starts.

Daly, 24, will drive the No. 4, with that team based in Speedway, Ind. He is making a return to the team with which he debuted in 2013 at the Indy 500.

He ran five races in 2014 with Dale Coyne Racing and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, then ran a full slate this year with DCR, boasting two top-five finishes. After scuttling for the scant few rides in IndyCar he seemed invigorated not only by the prospects of a full-time job, but a teammate.

“I think, you know, (team president) Larry and A.J. (Foyt) they’re embracing the future. That’s one thing that I really want to see even more teams do,” Daly said in a teleconference. “I believe there are a lot of other young drivers out there, as well, who deserve to be in full-time. I’m happy that we’ve got this opportunity, Carlos and I, at the Foyt Racing team. I think we are absolutely going to push each other.

“We want to win so badly. I haven’t experienced it. Carlos has. Carlos has won. It’s one of those things, I just think we are genuinely more hungry.”

ABC Supply will remain the team sponsor through 2018, making it the longest active primary sponsor for a team in the Verizon IndyCar Series. It kicks off its 13th season next year. Target, which was with Chip Ganassi Racing for 27 seasons, concluded its run this year.

“It’s been a busy off-season, which to me is a great thing,” team president Larry Foyt said via a team release. “There are many moving parts as we grow and continue to strengthen our weaknesses as a team. … I can’t remember a time when the Verizon IndyCar Series has been this competitive from top to bottom, so we know we have to work around the clock this winter to meet our goals before the season starts.”

The team has yet to announce an engine manufacturer.
 

IntriguingMan

Matinkylän Mimmo Schiattarella
Liittynyt
30.1.2012
Viestit
3709
Sijainti
Salo

spotter90

Half Blind, Full Throttle
Liittynyt
8.9.2014
Viestit
6278
Sijainti
Helsinki
Penske-tallin presidentin Tim Cindricin mukaan Indy 500:n lähtöä aikaistamalla voitaisiin saada lähtöviivalee lisää Nascar-kuskeja.

Sehän jo nyt alkaa suomen aikaa puoli kahdeksalta illalla, pitääkö seuraavaksi vihreä lipun heilua viiden aikoihin?
 
Ylös