Henri Toivosen onnettomuus korsikalla

Henri Toivonen

If there was a 2nd video showed on French TV in 1986, most likely more people would remember it and secondly the given video would have appeared in digital format to YouTube or other location.

Wanting it doesn't make it real I'm afraid.
Maybe you didn't read the whole topic, where the thing has been discussed completely, and I do find isn't the nicest thing to tell someone "wanting it doesn't make it real"
Given that I did Reach the person who told in the video and it confirmed.
Given that it is quoted in an article, by David Evans (that I've tried to reach, without success)

Given this podcast here, that I think is recorded before the article with the Evans quote, minute 36:00 onwards

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/podcast-looking-back-on-henri-toivonen/

Henri Toivonen

Sorry, but the thing’s already been discussed. As i did say before, i did reached Tedeschini some time ago and he confirmed the video we’re talking about is not the one you can find on YouTube. Fact. Then, Evans in this podcast talks about ‘the existance’ of a footage that clearly can not be the one there’s on YouTube, later in an article says he has seen this footage (but i’ve tried to Reach him to talk about it, without success). But ok, no problem at all

let’s continue in celebrating the greatest rally driver of all time IMHO

AnttiL

Reittinörtti
Sijainti
Tampereen lenkki
Sorry, but the thing’s already been discussed. As i did say before, i did reached Tedeschini some time ago and he confirmed the video we’re talking about is not the one you can find on YouTube. Fact. Then, Evans in this podcast talks about ‘the existance’ of a footage that clearly can not be the one there’s on YouTube, later in an article says he has seen this footage (but i’ve tried to Reach him to talk about it, without success). But ok, no problem at all

let’s continue in celebrating the greatest rally driver of all time IMHO
I know and I appreciate what you have done but if Tedeschini has seen some video in 1986 and then later something else in 2013 on YouTube, he might remember it differently, his brain might have created a false memory of a different video. And Evans might just repeat what someone else tells him.

For example how Markku Alen and Ilkka Kivimäki have described the accident confirms they remember it incorrectly. They have said they were the first on the scene although they were the fifth car on the road and they have said the front of the car was on the level of the road and the car was intact. In this kind of a traumatic situation the brain can alter memories to protect it.

But still, I don't claim anything absolutely, just saying that even these claims cannot be verified 100%.

Bullet Tooth Tony

I know and I appreciate what you have done but if Tedeschini has seen some video in 1986 and then later something else in 2013 on YouTube, he might remember it differently, his brain might have created a false memory of a different video. And Evans might just repeat what someone else tells him.

For example how Markku Alen and Ilkka Kivimäki have described the accident confirms they remember it incorrectly. They have said they were the first on the scene although they were the fifth car on the road and they have said the front of the car was on the level of the road and the car was intact. In this kind of a traumatic situation the brain can alter memories to protect it.

But still, I don't claim anything absolutely, just saying that even these claims cannot be verified 100%.
Amen.

Bullet Tooth Tony

Maybe you didn't read the whole topic, where the thing has been discussed completely, and I do find isn't the nicest thing to tell someone "wanting it doesn't make it real"
Given that I did Reach the person who told in the video and it confirmed.
Given that it is quoted in an article, by David Evans (that I've tried to reach, without success)

Given this podcast here, that I think is recorded before the article with the Evans quote, minute 36:00 onwards

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/podcast-looking-back-on-henri-toivonen/

Sorry for being impolite. It was not my purpose.

Given the fact existence of a 2nd video has really not been confirmed I tend to think the best approach is to reason with most likely scenarios.

Thus should there be another footage of the accident which even was televised back in the day we would definitely be aware of it.

Viimeksi muokattu:

Henri Toivonen

Sorry for being impolite. It was not my purpose.

Given the fact existence of a 2nd video has really not been confirmed I tend to think the best approach is to reason with most likely scenarios.

Thus should there be another footage of the accident which even was televised back in the day we would definitely be aware of it.
no problem at all, the topic has been beautiful and, above all, very passionate about the tragic ending of two beloved person.
I try to post a Tuttorally magazine page scan about it, later today or tomorrow ;)