Ilmastonmuutos / Kasvihuoneilmiö

Ace17

Acenteella
Emme tiedä totuutta ilmastonmuutoksesta, koska IPCC ja ilmastontutkijat ovat mokanneet ja vääristäneet tuloksia. Väitetään että tiedemiehet ovat yksimielisiä ja on olemassa konsensus; tämä ei pidä paikkaansa.
Omistan tälle oman viestin, sillä paksumpaa bullshittiä ei hevillä löydy. Väitteesi ovat yksikertaisesti vääriä.

Ilmastotutkimuksen ylintä auktoriteettia edustava IPCC ei ole mokannut (poislukien kokonaisuuden kannalta merkityksettömiä yksityiskohtia) eikä etenkään ole vääristellyt tuloksia. Tämän osoittaa kaikki puolueettomat tutkimukset yksiselitteisesti.

Lähes kaikki ilmastotutkijat ovat yksimielisiä IPCC:n oleellisista tuloksista, joten totta tosiaan on olemassa konsensus. Eri mieltä olevat tutkijat ovat selkeässä vähemmistössä. Tämäkin on täysin selvää.

Veidt

Omistan tälle oman viestin, sillä paksumpaa bullshittiä ei hevillä löydy. Väitteesi ovat yksikertaisesti vääriä.

Ilmastotutkimuksen ylintä auktoriteettia edustava IPCC ei ole mokannut (poislukien kokonaisuuden kannalta merkityksettömiä yksityiskohtia) eikä etenkään ole vääristellyt tuloksia. Tämän osoittaa kaikki puolueettomat tutkimukset yksiselitteisesti.

Lähes kaikki ilmastotutkijat ovat yksimielisiä IPCC:n oleellisista tuloksista, joten totta tosiaan on olemassa konsensus. Eri mieltä olevat tutkijat ovat selkeässä vähemmistössä. Tämäkin on täysin selvää.
Jokin aika sitten pistin tänne artikkeleita, joissa käsiteltiin juuri näitä aiheita, mutta et kommentoinut niitä mitenkään. Saisiko sinulta nyt ajatuksia koskien näitä seuraavia juttuja, ja lähettäis siitä sitten etenemään:

SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims - Challenge UN IPCC & Gore

321-page 'Consensus Buster' Report set to further chill UN Climate Summit in Cancun

By Marc Morano – Climate Depot
Wednesday, December 08, 2010

More than 1,000 dissenting scientists from around the globe have now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore. This new 2010 321-page Climate Depot Special Report -- updated from the 2007 groundbreaking U.S. Senate Report of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming “consensus” -- features the skeptical voices of over 1,000 international scientists, including many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN IPCC. This updated 2010 report includes a dramatic increase of over 300 additional (and growing) scientists and climate researchers since the last update in March 2009. This report's release coincides with the 2010 UN global warming summit in being held in Cancun.

The more than 300 additional scientists added to this report since March 2009 (21 months ago), represents an average of nearly four skeptical scientists a week speaking out publicly. The well over 1,000 dissenting scientists are almost 20 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

The chorus of skeptical scientific voices grew louder in 2010 as the Climategate scandal -- which involved the upper echelon of UN IPCC scientists -- detonated upon on the international climate movement. "I view Climategate as science fraud, pure and simple," said noted Princeton Physicist Dr. Robert Austin shortly after the scandal broke. Climategate prompted UN IPCC scientists to turn on each other. UN IPCC scientist Eduardo Zorita publicly declared that his Climategate colleagues Michael Mann and Phil Jones "should be barred from the IPCC process...They are not credible anymore." Zorita also noted how insular the IPCC science had become. "By writing these lines I will just probably achieve that a few of my future studies will, again, not see the light of publication," Zorita wrote. A UN lead author Richard Tol grew disillusioned with the IPCC and lamented that it had been "captured" and demanded that "the Chair of IPCC and the Chairs of the IPCC Working Groups should be removed." Tol also publicly called for the "suspension" of IPCC Process in 2010 after being invited by the UN to participate as lead author again in the next IPCC Report. [Note: Zorita and Tol are not included in the count of dissenting scientists in this report.]

Other UN scientists were more blunt. A South African UN scientist declared the UN IPCC a "worthless carcass" and noted IPCC chair Pachauri is in "disgrace". He also explained that the "fraudulent science continues to be exposed." Alexander, a former member of the UN Scientific and Technical Committee on Natural Disasters harshly critiqued the UN. "'I was subjected to vilification tactics at the time. I persisted. Now, at long last, my persistence has been rewarded...There is no believable evidence to support [the IPCC] claims. I rest my case!" Geologist Dr. Don Easterbrook, a professor of geology at Western Washington University, summed up the scandal on December 3, 2010: "The corruption within the IPCC revealed by the Climategate scandal, the doctoring of data and the refusal to admit mistakes have so severely tainted the IPCC that it is no longer a credible agency."
“We're not scientifically there yet. Despite what you may have heard in the media, there is nothing like a consensus of scientific opinion that this is a problem. Because there is natural variability in the weather, you cannot statistically know for another 150 years.” -- UN IPCC's Tom Tripp, a member of the UN IPCC since 2004 and listed as one of the lead authors and serves as the Director of Technical Services & Development for U.S. Magnesium.
“The dysfunctional nature of the climate sciences is nothing short of a scandal. Science is too important for our society to be misused in the way it has been done within the Climate Science Community.” The global warming establishment “has actively suppressed research results presented by researchers that do not comply with the dogma of the IPCC.” -- Swedish Climatologist Dr. Hans Jelbring, of the Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics Unit at Stockholm University.
“Global warming is the central tenet of this new belief system in much the same way that the Resurrection is the central tenet of Christianity. Al Gore has taken a role corresponding to that of St Paul in proselytizing the new faith...My skepticism about AGW arises from the fact that as a physicist who has worked in closely related areas, I know how poor the underlying science is. In effect the scientific method has been abandoned in this field.” -- Atmospheric Physicist Dr. John Reid, who worked with Australia's CSIRO's (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) Division of Oceanography and worked in surface gravity waves (ocean waves) research.
As the global warming edifice crumbled in 2010, the movement lost one of its leading lights due to the Climategate revelations. Dr. Judith Curry, the chair of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences at GA Institute of Tech, explained her defection from the global warming activist movement. "There is 'a lack of willingness in the climate change community to steer away from groupthink...' They are setting themselves up as second-rate scientists by not engaging,” Curry wrote in 2010. Curry critiqued the UN IPCC for promoting "dogma" and clinging to the "religious importance" of the IPCC's claims. "They will tolerate no dissent and seek to trample anyone who challenges them," Curry lamented. "The IPCC assessment process had a substantial element of schoolyard bullies, trying to insulate their shoddy science from outside scrutiny and attacks by skeptics...the IPCC and its conclusions were set on a track to become a self fulfilling prophecy," Curry wrote. Curry called the Climategate fallout nothing short of a "rather spectacular unraveling of the climate change juggernaut...I immediately realized that [Climategate] could bring down the IPCC...I became concerned about the integrity of our entire field...While my colleagues seemed focused on protecting the reputations of the scientists involved and assuring people that the 'science hadn't changed."

Veidt

jatkuu...

Erokirje:

Hal Lewis: My Resignation From The American Physical Society

To: Curtis G. Callan, Jr., Princeton University, President of the American Physical Society
6 October 2010

Dear Curt:

When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago). Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence---it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists. As recently as thirty-five years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time. We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf, and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d'être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs. For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at being an APS Fellow all these years has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society.

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford's book organizes the facts very well.) I don't believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

So what has the APS, as an organization, done in the face of this challenge? It has accepted the corruption as the norm, and gone along with it. For example:

1. About a year ago a few of us sent an e-mail on the subject to a fraction of the membership. APS ignored the issues, but the then President immediately launched a hostile investigation of where we got the e-mail addresses. In its better days, APS used to encourage discussion of important issues, and indeed the Constitution cites that as its principal purpose. No more. Everything that has been done in the last year has been designed to silence debate

2. The appallingly tendentious APS statement on Climate Change was apparently written in a hurry by a few people over lunch, and is certainly not representative of the talents of APS members as I have long known them. So a few of us petitioned the Council to reconsider it. One of the outstanding marks of (in)distinction in the Statement was the poison word incontrovertible, which describes few items in physics, certainly not this one. In response APS appointed a secret committee that never met, never troubled to speak to any skeptics, yet endorsed the Statement in its entirety. (They did admit that the tone was a bit strong, but amazingly kept the poison word incontrovertible to describe the evidence, a position supported by no one.) In the end, the Council kept the original statement, word for word, but approved a far longer "explanatory" screed, admitting that there were uncertainties, but brushing them aside to give blanket approval to the original. The original Statement, which still stands as the APS position, also contains what I consider pompous and asinine advice to all world governments, as if the APS were master of the universe. It is not, and I am embarrassed that our leaders seem to think it is. This is not fun and games, these are serious matters involving vast fractions of our national substance, and the reputation of the Society as a scientific society is at stake.

3. In the interim the ClimateGate scandal broke into the news, and the machinations of the principal alarmists were revealed to the world. It was a fraud on a scale I have never seen, and I lack the words to describe its enormity. Effect on the APS position: none. None at all. This is not science; other forces are at work.

4. So a few of us tried to bring science into the act (that is, after all, the alleged and historic purpose of APS), and collected the necessary 200+ signatures to bring to the Council a proposal for a Topical Group on Climate Science, thinking that open discussion of the scientific issues, in the best tradition of physics, would be beneficial to all, and also a contribution to the nation. I might note that it was not easy to collect the signatures, since you denied us the use of the APS membership list. We conformed in every way with the requirements of the APS Constitution, and described in great detail what we had in mind---simply to bring the subject into the open.

5. To our amazement, Constitution be damned, you declined to accept our petition, but instead used your own control of the mailing list to run a poll on the members' interest in a TG on Climate and the Environment. You did ask the members if they would sign a petition to form a TG on your yet-to-be-defined subject, but provided no petition, and got lots of affirmative responses. (If you had asked about sex you would have gotten more expressions of interest.) There was of course no such petition or proposal, and you have now dropped the Environment part, so the whole matter is moot. (Any lawyer will tell you that you cannot collect signatures on a vague petition, and then fill in whatever you like.) The entire purpose of this exercise was to avoid your constitutional responsibility to take our petition to the Council.

6. As of now you have formed still another secret and stacked committee to organize your own TG, simply ignoring our lawful petition.

APS management has gamed the problem from the beginning, to suppress serious conversation about the merits of the climate change claims. Do you wonder that I have lost confidence in the organization?

I do feel the need to add one note, and this is conjecture, since it is always risky to discuss other people's motives. This scheming at APS HQ is so bizarre that there cannot be a simple explanation for it. Some have held that the physicists of today are not as smart as they used to be, but I don't think that is an issue. I think it is the money, exactly what Eisenhower warned about a half-century ago. There are indeed trillions of dollars involved, to say nothing of the fame and glory (and frequent trips to exotic islands) that go with being a member of the club. Your own Physics Department (of which you are chairman) would lose millions a year if the global warming bubble burst. When Penn State absolved Mike Mann of wrongdoing, and the University of East Anglia did the same for Phil Jones, they cannot have been unaware of the financial penalty for doing otherwise. As the old saying goes, you don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing. Since I am no philosopher, I'm not going to explore at just which point enlightened self-interest crosses the line into corruption, but a careful reading of the ClimateGate releases makes it clear that this is not an academic question.

I want no part of it, so please accept my resignation. APS no longer represents me, but I hope we are still friends.

Hal

Harold Lewis is Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, former Chairman; Former member Defense Science Board, chmn of Technology panel; Chairman DSB study on Nuclear Winter; Former member Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards; Former member, President's Nuclear Safety Oversight Committee; Chairman APS study on Nuclear Reactor Safety Chairman Risk Assessment Review Group; Co-founder and former Chairman of JASON; Former member USAF Scientific Advisory Board; Served in US Navy in WW II; books: Technological Risk (about, surprise, technological risk) and Why Flip a Coin (about decision making)

Veidt

jatkuu...

Let’s keep our cool in the battle over global warming

By Steven King
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A WHACKING 15,000 delegates descended on Cancun at the weekend. Expectations were not high. The problem for those seeking the Holy Grail of a deal to "save the planet" was that the climate change debate has changed.

The meeting in Copenhagen last year was a disaster. It was billed as a two-week jamboree where politicians, surrounded by activists, would hammer out the details of a successor to the Kyoto Protocol. Many hoped really strong targets would be set on reducing carbon emissions that tied both developed and developing countries into the long-term process of decarbonising society.

Instead, the leak of thousands of emails and other files from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia revealed embarrassing discussions between high-profile researchers about tweaking data and excluding critics from peer-reviewed journals. The lesson of "Climategate" was that this climate change business is all just a lot more complicated than many were prepared to admit. Pressing the panic button would have been a very stupid idea.

The Climategate emails showed that scientists are as human as the rest of us. And just to prove it, the UN climate change panel’s chair Rajendra Pachauri branded as "voodoo science" any criticism of the mainstream view of climate change and its consequences. But the criticisms turned out to be valid. More troubling still for the alarmists, the rate at which the world is warming seems to have slowed considerably. Unsurprisingly, Copenhagen demonstrated that the ostensible desire to save the planet barely conceals the same ruthless agendas which have always dominated global politics.

The conventional wisdom has long been that "the science" will — or should — obliterate all debate. That it hasn’t should not surprise anyone. Science is not a discipline in which we should expect to find final truths. On the contrary, the principles upon which science is built are doubt and constant inquiry.

Time and again we were told there is a broad consensus on climate change: what it means, what is causing it and what has to be done about it. But consensus is a term which is alien to science. In science, such a process could never be understood as a means of establishing "truth", for it would require individual scientists to submit themselves to a majority view.

The talk about a "climate change consensus" never was a scientific consensus about climate change but at most as a political agreement to act and speak as if the major questions surrounding climate change had already been answered.

In reality, however, there are very few things on which the majority of climate scientists would readily agree apart from the fact that the world is warmer than it was 150 years ago — about 0.7 degrees Celsius warmer; that we humans have released a lot of additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as the world population has grown; and that we are (to some debatable extent) responsible for global warming through increased energy and land use.

Everything else in the climate change debate is highly controversial. Has the climate of the past millennium always been colder than today or not? How much of an effect on the climate does atmospheric carbon dioxide have? Do rising carbon dioxide concentrations lead us to a point of no return? Or are there self-regulating mechanisms which will slow, halt, or even reverse the process? For each question one finds much disagreement among climatologists.

Such disagreement should be welcomed, for it is what science is all about.

"What to do about climate change" cannot be simply read off from clear scientific evidence, therefore. The evidence isn’t clear. It is contradictory. It changes. Science is confused by the political demand for certainty, for the true story. Thus, any new study or review of the science creates a narrative about the future which is either worse than previously thought or lends credibility to the sceptics’ arguments.

The entire process is not unlike 24-hour live rolling coverage of a natural disaster. The same scenarios are endlessly repeated while news anchors and pundits speculate wildly about the significance of the latest images drip-fed into lifeless depictions of carnage. There have been so many apparent turning points in this debate that we were in danger of going full circle. But Cancun perhaps really did mark the beginning of a new chapter.

The doctrine of a "climate change consensus" had narrowed down the political debate. The focus was almost exclusively on the question of carbon emissions rationing. Interesting as this issue may be, it is only one aspect of the climate change challenge. Climategate appears to have opened up that debate. There is little prospect of a global, Kyoto-style deal on emissions targets now that the UN panel — the body supposedly providing unbiased assessments of the world’s climate future — has been fully exposed for the political operation it always was.

Yes, the majority of scientists in this area do think that humans are influencing our climate in potentially negative ways, even if most of them would distance themselves from the hysterical claims about "eco-geddon" that were made in the past. But post-Copenhagen, the question is much more about what is the best mix of adaptation and mitigation.

With the supposed consensus exposed as a fraud, it is politically highly unlikely that far-reaching emissions reductions will take place in the near future when most of us already think we pay too much for our electricity and fuel. No sensible politician was really going to commit to the policies that might produce rapid decarbonisation of the economy, least of all leaders of rapidly developing countries who need all the energy they can get.

(I exempt from that Ciaran Cuffe who told the Cancun gathering that "There is a moment in time when we must look beyond the relentless pursuit of economic growth." It is precisely because most people wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more economic growth that the Green Party looks set to lose its seats at the election.)

What seems to have slowly dawned on most of those banging the drum for radical action on climate change, therefore, is that the attempt to panic the population into accepting drastic cuts in living standards to counter rising temperatures has failed.

So, given climate change is happening and it is improbable that it can be stopped in the short or medium term, the most pressing question then becomes: how to deal with its effects? The pact in Mexico to set up a new fund — with a goal of $100 billion in a year from 2020 — for measures to protect forests, share clean technologies and help the global south adapt is a step in the right direction. It’s certainly a better way forward than endless talk — for that’s what it really amounts to – about curbing greenhouse gases from factories, power plants and vehicles.

Instead of talking up an existential crisis that demands the wholesale impoverishment of society in the name of "the planet", let’s keep working on the science and on new energy technologies. Let’s see what rising temperatures might mean and how we can best adapt to them, or even use them to our advantage. Above all, let’s cut out the breast-beating and fight the battles which are worth fighting.

Veidt

Lisää aiheesta, entisen IPCC:n raporttien laatijan John R. Christyn tuore todistus siitä mitä kulissien takana tapahtuu:

http://science.house.gov/sites/republicans.science.house.gov/files/documents/hearings/ChristyJR_written_110331_all.pdf

Tiivistelmä:

1.Climate assessments like the IPCC have to date been written through a process in which IPCC-selected authors are given significant authority over the text, including judging their own work against work of their critics. This has led to biased information in the assessments and thus raises questions about a catastrophic view of climate change because the full range of evidence is not represented. Three examples follow.

1.A. Regarding the Hockey Stick of IPCC 2001 evidence now indicates, in my view, that an IPCC Lead Author working with a small cohort of scientists, misrepresented the temperature record of the past 1000 years by (a) promoting his own result as the best estimate, (b) neglecting studies that contradicted his, and (c) amputating another’s result so as to eliminate conflicting data and limit any serious attempt to expose the real uncertainties of these data.

1.B.In the IPCC 2007 report, Dr. Ross McKitrick presented evidence that indicated warming processes other than greenhouse gas warming affected the popular surface temperature data sets. The IPCC authors were themselves producers of these data sets, yet as “final-say” authors they sat in judgment over this controversy, eventually denying McKitrick’s evidence with what turned out be (apparently) their own fabricated claim.

1.C.The EPA Finding misrepresented key evidence on the evaluation of climate models against real data. In IPCC-like fashion, the EPA gave authority to its hand-picked author team to respond to evidence which contradicted the Finding with assertions that were not based on reliable data or methods. The evidence shows the EPA overstated the agreement between models and observations when in fact there was disagreement.

2.Warming in surface temperatures is caused by many factors other that greenhouse gases, one reason they are poor proxies to depict greenhouse warming. Bulk atmospheric temperatures, a more direct proxy, show much less warming that models predict.

3.Because this issue has policy implications that may potentially raise the price of energy significantly (and thus essentially the price of everything else), the U.S. Congress should not rely exclusively on the U.N. assessments because the process by which they were written includes biased, false, and/or misleading information about one of the most murky of sciences – climate. In my opinion, the Congress needs at least one second- opinion produced by well-credentialed climate scientists but overseen by a non-activist team which includes those with experience in the scientific method, the legal aspects of “discovery,” and who simply know what is important in answering the questions at hand.

oldez

Älä nyt puhu ihan höpöjä. CFC-yhdisteiden käyttöä on rajoitettu erittäin rankalla kädellä globaalilla ympäristösopimuksella. Ja toi ei ole sopimuksena ihan mikä tahansa kuriositeetti, vaan sillä on ollut aidosti merkitystä taistelussa otsonikatoa vastaan. Tämä on silkkaa faktaa.
CFC yhdisteiden käyttöä on toki rajoitettu, mutta niitä ei ole kokonaan poistettu. Niitä saa edelleen valmistaa ja käyttää. Esim. tullin haaviin jäi kolmisen vikkoa sitten 1150 pulloa R22 HCFC-kaasua. Minun mielestäni tällaiset ihmisen valmistamat myrkyt pitäisi karsia kokonaan pois sen sijaan että yritetään vaikuttaa metaaniin, hiilidioksidiin ja typpioksiduuliin, joita on aina ollut maapallolla ja joita aina tulee olemaan.

Ihmetyttää vähän, mitä mieltä tästä kaikesta oikein olet. Toisaalta yrität kertoa, että ihmisen vaikutus ilmaston lämpenemiseen on häviävän pieni, toisaalta taas harmittelet, miten vähän asiaan (eli ihmisen aiheuttamaan ilmastomuutokseen) nykyisellään kyetään tai halutaan puuttua.
Olen sanonut: "Minun mielestäni ihmisen ja hiilidioksidin osuutta asiaan on vaan liioiteltu suunnattomasti." En ole kieltänyt ihmisen osuutta asiaan. Minun mielestäni asiasta ei tiedetä vielä tarpeeksi, jotta voitaisiin kovinkaan suoria johtopäätöksiä tehdä. Harmittelen sitä että oikeasti vaarallisten aineiden valmistusta ja käyttöä ei saada lopetettua. Ne eivät meinaan vaikuta ainoastaan negatiivisesti ilmastoon vaan myös ihmisiin, kasveihin ja eläimiin. Näkisin että ihmisen osuus ilmastonmuutokseen johtuu CFC-kaasuista ja vastaavista myrkyistä.

Ihan kivan kokoinen luonnollinen muutos reilussa parissa vuosisadassa sattunut olemaan, kun ottaa huomioon, että hiilidioksidin määrä ilmakehässä ei ole ollut näin korkea kahteenkymmeneen miljoonaan vuoteen.
Kukahan meistä oli mittaamassa maapallon lämpötiloja ja ilmakehän koostumusta 200 tai 20 miljoonaa vuotta sitten? Kaikki nämä ovat arvioita ja erilaisten mallinnuksien tuloksia. Eihän nämäkään voisi mitenkään olla väärässä.

Minun mielestäni on todella kauheeta kun tiedemiehet alkavat puhua että jokin on "kiistattomasti todistettu". Tämähän suoraan tarkoittaa sitä että asiassa ei voida olla mitenkään väärässä ja että minkäänlainen todistusaineisto ei tule ikinä muuttamaan tätä mielipidettä. Toisin sanoen asiaa on enää edes turha tutkia, koska ollaan jo oikeassa tai sitten kaikki jatkotutkimukset lähtevät tältä perusolettamalta joka on "kiistattomasti todistettu". Kun tiedeyhteisö lähtee siltä pohjalta että jokin on "kiistattomasti todistettu" niin kuka tahansa kuka väittää muuta leimataan heti hulluksi, tutkimuksia ei huomioida ja henkilö suljetaan tiedeyhteisön ulkopuolelle. Näin kun tapahtuu niin tiedeyhteisöstä tulee itseään toteuttava profetia ja näin on ilmastotutkimuksellekin käynyt.

Yhtälailla oli kolesteroliteoria oli "kiistatta todistettu". Historia tuntee myös monenlaisia muita esimerkkejä "kiistatta todistetuista" asioista ja seuraukset ovat olleet aina samanlaiset.

Sijainti
Oslo
Jokin aika sitten pistin tänne artikkeleita, joissa käsiteltiin juuri näitä aiheita, mutta et kommentoinut niitä mitenkään. Saisiko sinulta nyt ajatuksia koskien näitä seuraavia juttuja, ja lähettäis siitä sitten etenemään:
Voisikohan se johtua siitä että floodauksesi ei ole kommentoimisen arvoista?

Otetaanpa nyt kuitenkin tarkasteluun vaikkapa ensimmäinen linkkisi:

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/9035/SPECIAL-REPORT-More-Than-1000-International-Scientists-Dissent-Over-ManMade-Global-Warming-Claims--Challenge-UN-IPCC--Gore

More than 1,000 dissenting scientists from around the globe have now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore.

Mikä tuossa raportissa itse asiassa kyseenalaistaa varsinaisen ilmastotieteen? Missä on tiede? Raportin kohteena näyttäisi olevan Gore ja IPCC.

Heti alussa siteerataan Tom Trippiä jonka väitetään olevan IPCC:n jäsen:
--UN IPCC's Tom Tripp, a member of the UN IPCC since 2004 and listed as one of the lead authors and serves as the Director of Technical Services & Development for U.S. Magnesium.

Pieni googletus aiheen puitteissa paljastaa todellisuuden.

While Mr. Tom Tripp is technically an "IPCC author", he is not to be found in any of the contributor listings] of the Work Groups WG I, WG II and WG III, whose reports are the core of the current IPCC Assessment Report AR4. Instead he is lead author of subsection 4.5 in Volume 3 (Industrial Processes and Product Use) of the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories. While these guidelines are used in compiling emission data for the IPCC they are not part of AR4, the report that is cited in the news as the IPCC report on climate change.

Linkissä (kommentti kirjoituksen alla) on viittaukset asianomaisiin julkaisuihin joten faktat on helppo todeta.

Tom Tripp on metalli-insinööri.

Sanot ettei konsensusta ole olemassa vetoamalla mm. linkkaamaasi raporttiin. Jospa nyt kerrot meille kuinka monta asiantuntijaksi laskettavaa tieteentekijää (ilmastotieteilijää) tuon raportin on allekirjoittanut?

Kun itse tutkailin allekirjoittaneiden osaamisalueita niin jäin vaikutelmaan että ilmastotieteilijöitä on ollut hankala houkutella mukaan.

Sijainti
Oslo
1970-luku: Ilmastotieteilijät pelottelevat uudesta jääkaudesta. Ilmasto kylmenee.

1990-luvu: Aiemmat lausunnot uudesta jääkaudesta eivät pidäkään paikkaansa. Ilmastotieteilijät pelottelevat kuumenevasta maapallosta, kasvihuoneilmiöstä. Ilmasto lämpenee.
Väite siitä että ilmastotieteilijät pelottelivat uudesta jääkaudesta 70-luvulla on väärä. Väärä siinä mielessä että jo tuolloin käsitys siitä että ihminen toimillaan aiheuttaa ilmaston lämpenemistä oli vertaisarvioiduissa tutkimuksissa selkeästi hallitseva näkemys ---> The Myth of the 1970s global cooling scientific consensus.

Lehdistöä ilmeisesti nuo jääkautta ennustavat raportit kiinnostivat enemmän ja syntyi harha siitä mikä on tieteen vallitseva kanta asiaan.
Kriittisyyttä on syytä harrastaa nykyäänkin sen suhteen mitä sanomalehdet asiasta kirjoittavat.

Veidt

Voisikohan se johtua siitä että floodauksesi ei ole kommentoimisen arvoista?
Floodaus? Eli mitä enemmän kohtaat epämieluista tietoa, sitä vähemmän siihen uskot? Oisko sulla sanoa joku rajapyykki siihen, kuinka monta sanaa sinulle epämieluista tietoa tänne saa postata.

Otetaanpa nyt kuitenkin tarkasteluun vaikkapa ensimmäinen linkkisi:

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/9035/SPECIAL-REPORT-More-Than-1000-International-Scientists-Dissent-Over-ManMade-Global-Warming-Claims--Challenge-UN-IPCC--Gore

More than 1,000 dissenting scientists from around the globe have now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore.

Mikä tuossa raportissa itse asiassa kyseenalaistaa varsinaisen ilmastotieteen? Missä on tiede? Raportin kohteena näyttäisi olevan Gore ja IPCC.
= IPCC:n uskottavuus alkaa olla lähellä nollaa, joten se täytyy hätäisesti retconnatta ilmastonmuutoskeskustelun historiasta pois. Ja tieteestähän siinä tosiaan puhutaan, IPCC:n raportteihin sisällytetystä tieteestä.

Heti alussa siteerataan Tom Trippiä jonka väitetään olevan IPCC:n jäsen:
--UN IPCC's Tom Tripp, a member of the UN IPCC since 2004 and listed as one of the lead authors and serves as the Director of Technical Services & Development for U.S. Magnesium.

Pieni googletus aiheen puitteissa paljastaa todellisuuden.

While Mr. Tom Tripp is technically an "IPCC author", he is not to be found in any of the contributor listings] of the Work Groups WG I, WG II and WG III, whose reports are the core of the current IPCC Assessment Report AR4. Instead he is lead author of subsection 4.5 in Volume 3 (Industrial Processes and Product Use) of the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories. While these guidelines are used in compiling emission data for the IPCC they are not part of AR4, the report that is cited in the news as the IPCC report on climate change.

Linkissä (kommentti kirjoituksen alla) on viittaukset asianomaisiin julkaisuihin joten faktat on helppo todeta.

Tom Tripp on metalli-insinööri.
Nämä on aina parhaita paloja sun viesteissä. Enemmän paljastaa se, mihin et vastaa, kuin se mihin yrität ohjata keskustelua. Sen sijaan että vastaisit Trippin tai muiden kommentteihin, alat kuuklata hänen henkilöhistoriaansa jos sieltä löytyisi jotain purnattavaa.

"While Mr. Tom Tripp is technically an "IPCC author"". Joten Tripp on IPCC:n mies, kuten väitettiin. Miksi alat purnata sanamuodoista ja henkilöhistoriasta, etkä kommentoi sanallakaan hänen väitöksiään?

Sanot ettei konsensusta ole olemassa vetoamalla mm. linkkaamaasi raporttiin. Jospa nyt kerrot meille kuinka monta asiantuntijaksi laskettavaa tieteentekijää (ilmastotieteilijää) tuon raportin on allekirjoittanut?

Kun itse tutkailin allekirjoittaneiden osaamisalueita niin jäin vaikutelmaan että ilmastotieteilijöitä on ollut hankala houkutella mukaan.
Kuinka monta sinulle riittäisi, ennen kuin myönnät heidän olemassaolonsa ja että heillä on validi mielipide? Ja mikä ominaisuus tarkalleen tekee tiedemiehestä sinulle riittävän uskottavan? Ratkaiseva luonteenpiirre siinä suhteessa näyttää olevan, onko tieteentekijä kanssasi samaa mieltä vai ei.

Olisi kiva kuulla ajatuksesi esim. Judith Curryn kommenteista:

As the global warming edifice crumbled in 2010, the movement lost one of its leading lights due to the Climategate revelations. Dr. Judith Curry, the chair of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences at GA Institute of Tech, explained her defection from the global warming activist movement. "There is 'a lack of willingness in the climate change community to steer away from groupthink...' They are setting themselves up as second-rate scientists by not engaging,” Curry wrote in 2010. Curry critiqued the UN IPCC for promoting "dogma" and clinging to the "religious importance" of the IPCC's claims. "They will tolerate no dissent and seek to trample anyone who challenges them," Curry lamented. "The IPCC assessment process had a substantial element of schoolyard bullies, trying to insulate their shoddy science from outside scrutiny and attacks by skeptics...the IPCC and its conclusions were set on a track to become a self fulfilling prophecy," Curry wrote. Curry called the Climategate fallout nothing short of a "rather spectacular unraveling of the climate change juggernaut...I immediately realized that [Climategate] could bring down the IPCC...I became concerned about the integrity of our entire field...While my colleagues seemed focused on protecting the reputations of the scientists involved and assuring people that the 'science hadn't changed."
Herättääkö mitään ajatuksia, vai onko ensimmäinen reaktiosi lähteä kuuklaamaan Curryn henkilötietoja, jos sieltä vaikka löytyisi perhe- tai työhistoriasta jotain purnattavaa?

Viimeksi muokattu:

oldez

En voi käsittää noita ad hominem hyökkäyksiä. Sen sijaan että yritettäisiin perustella miksi joku ei olisi oikeassa niin yritetään todistella kuinka paska jätkä on kyseessä. Toi on juuri sitä mistä aikasemmin puhuin. Mitähän hittoa esim. koulutuksella on väliä? Sitä voi olla koulutukseltaan vaikka maalari, mutta on tutkinut ilmastoa viimeiset 30 vuotta. Samat tiedot ja kirjat voi lukea kuka vain. Oikeastaan muodollisen koulutuksen puute voi olla etu koska aineistoa voi silloin katsoa avoimin silmin. Sen sijasta että olisi istunut viisi vuotta koulun aivopesulassa, jossa professorit ovat selittäneet mikä on "nykyinen totuus" ja miten asiat ovat "kiistattomasti todistetut". Miten tällaiset tiedemiehet voivat ylipäätänsä tehdä mitään tutkimusta kun heille on toitettu alusta asti että oli tutkimus millainen tahansa se osoittaa että ilmaston muutos on ihmisen syytä? Eikös tiedeyhteisön tulisi olla avoin kaikelle uudelle? Mitä pidempään roikutaan menneessä niin sitä hitaampaa on eteneminen.

Archie

Kyllähän koulutus yleensä antaa edellytykset arvioida aineistoja ja/tai todisteita kriittisesti. Toki joku voi hankkia samat edellytykset ilman koulutustakin, mutta uskoisin heidän olevan harvassa.

oldez

Kyllähän koulutus yleensä antaa edellytykset arvioida aineistoja ja/tai todisteita kriittisesti. Toki joku voi hankkia samat edellytykset ilman koulutustakin, mutta uskoisin heidän olevan harvassa.
Toi nyt oli vaan vastauksena tuohon joukahaisen viestiin jossa kritisoitiin tekstin kirjoittajaa eikä sisältöä.

Sijainti
Oslo
Floodaus? Eli mitä enemmän kohtaat epämieluista tietoa, sitä vähemmän siihen uskot? Oisko sulla sanoa joku rajapyykki siihen, kuinka monta sanaa sinulle epämieluista tietoa tänne saa postata.
Miksi ihmeessä kuvittelet että kokisin postauksiesi sisällön itsessään epämieluisaksi? Viestiesi sisältö olisi minulle mitä mieluisinta luettavaa jos pystyisin vakuuttumaan siitä että ne ovat totta.

Floodauksesta puhuin siksi että floodasit.
Täytät sivua pitkillä huonosti formatoiduilla englanninkielisillä teksteillä ilman selvennystä – ja kaikki tämä vieläpä kahteen kertaan samoja tekstejä käyttäen. Suosittelenkin vastaisuudessa kirjoittamaan lyhyen luonnehdinnan viittaamasi tekstin keskeisestä asiasisällöstä ja linkkaamaan varsinaisen artikkelin tai aikaisemmin tekemäsi postauksen jotta Forumimme säilyisi viihtyisänä keitaana.

= IPCC:n uskottavuus alkaa olla lähellä nollaa, joten se täytyy hätäisesti retconnatta ilmastonmuutoskeskustelun historiasta pois. Ja tieteestähän siinä tosiaan puhutaan, IPCC:n raportteihin sisällytetystä tieteestä.
Ymmärsit kommenttini väärin. Peräänkuulutin tiedettä johon nämä henkilöt kritiikkinsä perustavat. Missä siihen voi tutustua?

Nämä on aina parhaita paloja sun viesteissä. Enemmän paljastaa se, mihin et vastaa, kuin se mihin yrität ohjata keskustelua. Sen sijaan että vastaisit Trippin tai muiden kommentteihin, alat kuuklata hänen henkilöhistoriaansa jos sieltä löytyisi jotain purnattavaa.
"While Mr. Tom Tripp is technically an "IPCC author"". Joten Tripp on IPCC:n mies, kuten väitettiin. Miksi alat purnata sanamuodoista ja henkilöhistoriasta, etkä kommentoi sanallakaan hänen väitöksiään?
En ole googlannut Trippin henkilöhistoriaa vaan ottanut selvää siitä minkälainen hänen panoksensa IPCC:n raportoinnissa on ollut. Näin tein sen vuoksi että sinä itse mainostit kuinka "monet IPCC:n raporttien laatijoista omaavat eriävän mielipiteen”.
Myös linkkaamassasi raportissa on tämä metalli-insinööri nostettu vakuuttavimmaksi raporttia tukevaksi esimerkiksi mainostaen samalla hänen IPCC yhteyttään - onhan Tripp-quote tekeleessä heti ensimmäinen "higlight".
Selvitystyöni ansiosta lienee sinullekin käynyt selväksi ettei mistään ilmastotieteen kanuunasta ole kysymys.

Mitä tulee miekkosen väitöksiin niin eipä tuossa mitenkään käy ilmi minkälaisten faktojen perusteella Tripp on käsityksensä muodostanut, joten asiassa ei ole juurikaan muuta kommentoitavaa kuin että hänellä näyttää olevan mielipide joka on ristiriidassa ilmastotieteilijöiden valtavirtakäsityksen sekä asiasta tehtyjen tutkimusten kanssa.

Metalli-insinööri Tripp näyttää kritisoineen myös IPCC:n ilmastomallinnusta:

He also criticized modeling schemes to evaluate global warming, but stopped short of commenting on climate modeling used by the IPCC, saying "I don't have the expertise."
:)

Kuinka monta sinulle riittäisi, ennen kuin myönnät heidän olemassaolonsa ja että heillä on validi mielipide? Ja mikä ominaisuus tarkalleen tekee tiedemiehestä sinulle riittävän uskottavan? Ratkaiseva luonteenpiirre siinä suhteessa näyttää olevan, onko tieteentekijä kanssasi samaa mieltä vai ei.
Lista pursuaa henkilöitä joiden ansiot ovat aivan toisaalla kuin ilmastotieteessä.

Itse turvaudun yleisesti ottaen eksperttien apuun elämässäni. Jos minulla on hammaskipua, turvaudun hammaslääkärien apuun koska käsitykseni mukaan heillä on parhaat edellytykset analysoida tilanne ja suoriutua vaadittavista toimenpiteistä menestyksellisesti - en käänny vaivani kanssa yleislääkärin, fysioterapeutin saati ekonomin tai kirvesmiehen puoleen puhumattakaan homeopaateista.

Miksi et vastannut kysymykseeni? Kertoisit nyt montako aktiivisesti ilmastotieteessä vertaisarvioituja julkaisuja tekevää ilmastotieteilijää löysit listalta?

Olisi kiva kuulla ajatuksesi esim. Judith Curryn kommenteista:
Herättääkö mitään ajatuksia, vai onko ensimmäinen reaktiosi lähteä kuuklaamaan Curryn henkilötietoja, jos sieltä vaikka löytyisi perhe- tai työhistoriasta jotain purnattavaa?
Liittämäsi tekstin perusteella ei Curry näytä kuuluvan IPCC:n faniklubiin.

Mikäli tässä viime marraskuussa julkaistussa Scientific American- lehdestä löytämässäni luonnehdinnassa Judith Currysta on edes puolet totta ei hän vaikuta läheskään yhtä jääräpäiseltä henkilöltä kuin tämän Forumin todellisuuspakoiset denialistit.

Climate Heretic: Judith Curry Turns on Her Colleagues

Climate skeptics have seized on Curry’s statements to cast doubt on the basic science of climate change.
So it is important to emphasize that nothing she encountered led her to question the science; she still has no doubt that the planet is warming, that human-generated greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, are in large part to blame, or that the plausible worst-case scenario could be catastrophic. She does not believe that the Climategate e-mails are evidence of fraud or that the IPCC is some kind of grand international conspiracy.
What she does believe is that the mainstream climate science community has moved beyond the ivory tower into a type of fortress mentality, in which insiders can do no wrong and outsiders are forbidden entry.
Eli Curry ei tuon luonnehdinnan perusteella ole toistaiseksi epäillyt sitä etteikö planeetta olisi lämpenemässä, ei sitä etteivätkö ihmisen toiminnan aiheuttamat kasvihuonekaasut mukaanlukien hiilidioksidi olisi tähän suurimmaksi osaksi syyllisiä, tai että pahimmassa tapauksessa seuraukset voisivat olla katastrofaalisia. Hän ei myöskään usko että “climatege- sähköpostit olisivat todiste petoksesta tai sitä että IPCC olisi suuri kansainvälinen salaliittojärjestö.
Hän kuitenkin kritisoi ilmastotieteilijöiden yhteisöä mm. puolustusasemiin linnoittautumisesta ja siitä että sisäpiiriin eivät ulkopuoliset voi päästä.

Viimeksi muokattu:

Veidt

Floodauksesta puhuin siksi että floodasit.
Täytät sivua pitkillä huonosti formatoiduilla englanninkielisillä teksteillä ilman selvennystä – ja kaikki tämä vieläpä kahteen kertaan samoja tekstejä käyttäen. Suosittelenkin vastaisuudessa kirjoittamaan lyhyen luonnehdinnan viittaamasi tekstin keskeisestä asiasisällöstä ja linkkaamaan varsinaisen artikkelin tai aikaisemmin tekemäsi postauksen jotta Forumimme säilyisi viihtyisänä keitaana.
Mikä siinä formatoinnissa oli tarkalleen ottaen huonoa? Tuollainen kritiikki on yhtä tyhjän kanssa, kun et kerro mikä siinä oli pielessä. Mitä formatointiin tulee, itse käyttämäsi mikroskooppinen sininen teksti on aika vaikealukuista, enkä ole näköjään ainoa tämän mielipiteen kanssa.

Jos kyse on yksinkertaisesti siitä, että tekstiä on liikaa ja se on englanniksi, voin vain pahoitella että kuvittelin sinun kykenevän lukemaan kahta riviä pitempiä tekstejä, ja ymmärtävän englantia. Oletatko että alan tänne kääntämään palkatta monisivuisia tekstejä, ihan vain sen vuoksi että muuten et viitsi asiaan perehtyä?

Ja se miksi jouduin ne uudelleen tänne postaamaan oli se, että esim. ässämies tai sinä ette olleet niitä huomaavinanne ensimmäisellä kerralla, ja sitten hän otti uudelleen puheeksi asiat joita noissa artikkeleissa oli jo yksityiskohtaisesti käsitelty. Tuskinpa täältä palstalta tila loppuu jos joku artikkeli on täällä kahteen kertaan, koska sivuutitte ne ensimmäisellä kerralla.

Ymmärsit kommenttini väärin. Peräänkuulutin tiedettä johon nämä henkilöt kritiikkinsä perustavat. Missä siihen voi tutustua?
Se tiede johon kritiikki perustuu on jätetty IPCC:n raporttien ulkopuolelle, ja käyty täälläkin monta kertaa läpi. Tästä syystä kritiikkiä esitetäänkin IPCC:n suuntaan.

Myös linkkaamassasi raportissa on tämä metalli-insinööri nostettu vakuuttavimmaksi raporttia tukevaksi esimerkiksi mainostaen samalla hänen IPCC yhteyttään - onhan Tripp-quote tekeleessä heti ensimmäinen "higlight".
Selvitystyöni ansiosta lienee sinullekin käynyt selväksi ettei mistään ilmastotieteen kanuunasta ole kysymys.

Mitä tulee miekkosen väitöksiin niin eipä tuossa mitenkään käy ilmi minkälaisten faktojen perusteella Tripp on käsityksensä muodostanut, joten asiassa ei ole juurikaan muuta kommentoitavaa kuin että hänellä näyttää olevan mielipide joka on ristiriidassa ilmastotieteilijöiden valtavirtakäsityksen sekä asiasta tehtyjen tutkimusten kanssa.
Koitapa nyt joukahainen nähdä metsä puilta, vaikka se sinulle kohtalaisen ylivoimaista yleensä näyttää olevankin, kun tunnut aina takertuvan johonkin kokonaisuuden kannalta merkityksettömään yksityiskohtaan kuin iilimato. Tripp on vain yksi nimi tuossa listassa, ja järjestys lienee täysin satunnainen. Listassa on myös fyysikkoja ja ilmastotieteilijöitä, ja henkilöitä kuten Curry.

Ne faktat Trippin ja muiden lausuntojen takana pitäisi tässä vaiheessa olla jo kaikilla aika hyvin kaalissa, mutta jotenkin olet ne ilmeisesti onnistunut ohittamaan tässäkin toikissa, vaikka ne on käyty läpi jo about 147 kertaa. Kertaushan on tunnetusti opintojen äiti, mutta liika on jo liikaa.

Lista pursuaa henkilöitä joiden ansiot ovat aivan toisaalla kuin ilmastotieteessä.

Itse turvaudun yleisesti ottaen eksperttien apuun elämässäni. Jos minulla on hammaskipua, turvaudun hammaslääkärien apuun koska käsitykseni mukaan heillä on parhaat edellytykset analysoida tilanne ja suoriutua vaadittavista toimenpiteistä menestyksellisesti - en käänny vaivani kanssa yleislääkärin, fysioterapeutin saati ekonomin tai kirvesmiehen puoleen puhumattakaan homeopaateista.
Ahaa. No mikäs on mielipiteesi tuosta John R. Christyn lausunnosta, jonka postasin myös tänne. Hän näyttää olevan aika samaa mieltä IPCC:n uskottavuudesta ja ilmastogaten merkityksestä noiden tuolla listalla olevien ihmisten ja minun kanssani. Ja Christyn taustasta: työtä ilmastotieteen parissa jo 50 vuotta. IPCC:n ilmastonmuutosraportin Lead Author vuonna 2001, ja osallistunut myös myöhempiin IPCC:n raportteihin. Jne. jne. Joko hän olisi tarpeeksi pätevä asiantuntija sinulle? Ja hänen viestinsä kuulostaa samalta kuin noiden muiden tiedemiesten, joiden CV:t eivät näytä sinulle riittävän.

En nyt tällä haavaa postaa vielä pidempiä pätkiä hänen tekstistään kun en halua järkyttää mielenrauhaasi huonolla formatoinnilla tai englannilla, mutta katsotaanpa jaksaisitko oma-alotteisesti tutustua hänen ajatuksiinsa.

Miksi et vastannut kysymykseeni? Kertoisit nyt montako aktiivisesti ilmastotieteessä vertaisarvioituja julkaisuja tekevää ilmastotieteilijää löysit listalta?
Miksi et itse vastannut, kuinka monta sinulle riittäisi? Onko olemassa joku taikanumero jonka kuultuasi toteat: "Nyt tajuan että olen ollut väärässä kaiken aikaa. Kiitos Veidt kun aukaisit silmäni." Jos asia oikeasti on sinulle noin ratkaisevan tärkeä, sen kun googlailet menemään, minulla on muutakin tekemistä. Kerro sitten tuliko taikanumero vastaan.

Eli Curry ei tuon luonnehdinnan perusteella ole toistaiseksi epäillyt sitä etteikö planeetta olisi lämpenemässä, ei sitä etteivätkö ihmisen toiminnan aiheuttamat kasvihuonekaasut mukaanlukien hiilidioksidi olisi tähän suurimmaksi osaksi syyllisiä, tai että pahimmassa tapauksessa seuraukset voisivat olla katastrofaalisia. Hän ei myöskään usko että “climatege- sähköpostit olisivat todiste petoksesta tai sitä että IPCC olisi suuri kansainvälinen salaliittojärjestö.
Hän kuitenkin kritisoi ilmastotieteilijöiden yhteisöä mm. puolustusasemiin linnoittautumisesta ja siitä että sisäpiiriin eivät ulkopuoliset voi päästä.
Curryn mielipiteet eroavat kuitenkin radikaalisti omistasi. Ilmastogaten aikaan paasasit täällä kuinka ne sähköpostit eivät muuta yhtään mitään, IPCC:n uskottavuus ei ole murentunut, ja ilmastokverulantit ovat vain suurennelleet ilmastogaten merkitystä. Sitten linkitit tänne innoissasi niitä "puolueettomia" ilmastogateselvityksiä, joissa mm. Mann ja Jones todettiin puhtaiksi pulmusiksi. Curry tarjoaa hyvin rankkaa kritiikkiä ilmastotieteilijöille, jotka reagoivat täsmälleen samoin kuin sinä, eli hokivat että mitään merkittävää ei ole tapahtunut, tiede ei ole muuttunut ja tiedemiehet ovat pyhimyksistä seuraavia, ja yrittivät lakaista koko asiaa maton alle ja tukahduttaa koko keskustelun.

Onko nyt käynyt niin, että näkemyksesi ilmastogatesta ja IPCC:stä on alkanut muuttua, ja alat olemaan mm. Curryn, Christyn ja minun linjoilla asiassa?

Viimeksi muokattu:

Jarto

Senior Member, VIP
Sijainti
Vaasa
Veidt, eikö se ollut haju, joka keksi uusia sanoja eikä joukahainen?

Näin jälkeenpäin Curry myös tuomitsi Climategate:ssa paljastuneen tavan jättää kuvaajista pois epämielyttävät asiat:

http://judithcurry.com/2011/02/22/hiding-the-decline/

It is obvious that there has been deletion of adverse data in figures shown IPCC AR3 and AR4, and the 1999 WMO document. Not only is this misleading, but it is dishonest (I agree with Muller on this one). The authors defend themselves by stating that there has been no attempt to hide the divergence problem in the literature, and that the relevant paper was referenced. I infer then that there is something in the IPCC process or the authors’ interpretation of the IPCC process (i.e. don’t dilute the message) that corrupted the scientists into deleting the adverse data in these diagrams.

McIntyre’s analysis is sufficiently well documented that it is difficult to imagine that his analysis is incorrect in any significant way. If his analysis is incorrect, it should be refuted. I would like to know what the heck Mann, Briffa, Jones et al. were thinking when they did this and why they did this, and how they can defend this, although the emails provide pretty strong clues. Does the IPCC regard this as acceptable? I sure don’t.

Veidt

Toki. En tarkoittanut joukahaisen sitä lanseeranneen, vaan kuvasin joukahaisen tuolloista asennetta ja mielipiteitä. :)

jps

nimimerkkien jahtaaja
Sijainti
täällä
Tän aamun hesarissa oli mainittu lampaiden aiheuttavan Britannian metaanipäästöistä kolmasosan. Lampaiden metaanipäästöä pyritään vähentämään uudenlaisella rehulla.

Jarto

Senior Member, VIP
Sijainti
Vaasa
Joukahainen, kun sinä luotat asiantuntijoihin, niin lasketko asiantuntijaksi sitten geofyysikko Prof Dr. Vincent Courtillot:n? Tässä hänen pitämänsä esitys viime joulukuulta EIKE-konferenssissa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG_7zK8ODGA

Tämän asiantuntijan mukaan auringon aktiivisuus ohjaa ilmastoa, ei niinkään co2. Vaikutus tulee varsinkin ultraviolettialueella ja vaikuttaa maapallon pilvisyyteen.

Viimeksi muokattu:

oldez

http://www.korhola.com/#/diary/korhola/17357

Keskiviikkona olin todistamassa europarlamentin täysistunnossa merkillistä hetkeä, kun salissa keskusteltiin EU:n tulevaisuuden energialinjauksista sekä siitä, mitä Japanin ydinturmasta pitää oppia. En ole koskaan nähnyt vihreitä niin innoissaan ja kiihtyneinä.

Kollegani ovat Tsernobyl-ajan nuoria aikuisia, joille ydinvoiman pelkäämisestä tuli elämäntehtävä. Neljännesvuosisadan odottelu toi neitsyeille kauan odotetun kokemuksen ja teeskentelemättömän, pitkitetyn orgasmin.

Koska eka kerta on aina eka kerta, piti sitä tietysti kehua. Niinpä muutaman tädin puheissa Fukushiman tähänastiset kaksi uhria oli vaihtunut kolmeenkymmeneentuhanteen kuolleeseen. Kiittelivät, kuinka oikeassa olivat olleet. Sumentunein simin he kehuivat toisilleen: mitä minä sanoin – oli kannattanut odottaa tätä päivää. Äijät olivat häveliäämpiä oman ekakertansa tuulettamisessa, mutta kyllä hekin hekumoivat toistamalla, että ydinvoima on nyt todettu vaaralliseksi kerta toisensa jälkeen – unohtui vain kertoa, miten.

Yhtä kaikki, ilma oli käsinkosketeltavan sakeana estrogeenipöllystä ja testosteronista, kun onnettomuuden luvuilla masturboitiin.

Ne luvut menivät vain ihan metsään. Noloahan se sellainen sivullisesta on.

Uhreja on toistaiseksi kaksi. Hekään eivät kuolleet säteilyyn vaan joko tsunamiin tai vetyräjähdykseen. Säteilyä toki vielä pelätään mutta on paras odottaa faktoja. Huolimatta siitä, että Japanissa tapahtui yksi suurimmista koskaan mitatuista maanjäristyksistä ja sitä seurasi yksi suurimmista koskaan tapahtuneista tsunameista, ja vaikka näihin ei ollut osattu varautua, ja vaikka voimaloissa ei ollut tehty edes esitettyjä parannustoimia, ja vaikka sähkönsaantia ei ollut turvattu poikkeusoloja varten ja vaikka japanilaiset tekivät alussa muitakin virheitä, silti kuolonuhreja ei ole toistaiseksi enempää.

Mutta jotenkin tässä vain tehtiin temput. Kollegoideni päässä maanjäristyksen ja tsunamin tuhannet uhrit sulautuivat ydivoimalan vaurioitumiseen. Ihmeteltiin, eikö tuhansissa uhreissa ole tarpeeksi. Kysyttiin, kuinka monta ydinvoimalaonnettomuutta oikein tarvitsee tapahtua, ennen kuin näyttö riittää.

En ollut uskoa korviani.

Maanjäristyksen ja tsunamin tuloksena tiet, sillat, rautatiet ja rakennukset romahtivat. Uhriluvuksi arvioidaan 30 000 henkeä. Jos meppien logiikka on tätä tasoa, pitäisikö meidän purkaa vastaavat rakennelmat EU:ssa, ihan varmuuden vuoksi?

Ei ole epäilystäkään, etteikö Fukushiman onnettomuus olisi ollut katastrofi. Sitä ei olisi saanut tapahtua. Silti kuolonuhreja tullaan tuskin laskemaan tuhansissa tai sadoissa, ehkei edes kymmenissä.

Japanissa ongelma ei ollut ydinvoimassa vaan sijainnissa seismisesti aktiivisella alueella. Paniikkireaktio Euroopassa on siksi yllättävä. Sveitsissä uusi ydinvoimalahanke pantiin jo jäihin – millaista tsunamia sinne odotetaan?

Kun vähäpäästöiselle energiamuodolle ei ole uskottavaa edullista vaihtoehtoa, fossiilinen energia lähtee nousuun. Näin on tapahtunut jo Japanissa. Vahingot näkyvät paitsi taloudessa, myös ilmanlaadussa ja kansalaisten terveydessä. Euroopassa energiankäytöstä aiheutuvat ilman pienhiukkaset tappavat jo nyt vuosittain 300 000 ihmistä. Mutta tuskin tulemme näkemään parlamentissa vastaavaa ejakulointia fossiilisen energian uhrien vuoksi.

Sallikaa minun arvata. Kunhan kriisi on ohi, vahingot lasketaan, aikaa kuluu ja tädit rauhoittuvat, tapahtuu kummia. Ydinvoima arkipäiväistyy. Surkeaa vanhaa voimalaa kohtasi hirviöluokan maanjäristys ja tsunami. Sähkönsyöttö meni nurin ja lopetti jäähdytysjärjestelmän. Reaktorit alkoivat räjähdellä ja sulaa. Tapahtunut paljasti huonon suunnittelun ja rakennevikoja, mutta sikäli kuin tiedämme, kukaan ei saanut kuolettavaa annosta säteilyä.

Tapahtunut voi jopa osoittaa, että se on yksi turvallisimmista energiamuodoista. Siitä tulee vähemmän pelottava, kun virheistä opitaan, ja huomataan, miten yllättävän hyvin heikostikin varautunut järjestelmä kesti ennätysolosuhteita. Jos pahin mahdollinen skenaario ei yllä lähimaillekaan hiilivoiman vahinkolukuja, ydinvoiman demytologisoituminen on vihreälle liikkeelle tiukka paikka. Kiima laantuu.