GT&Protot 2016

K. August

Luovuttikos Nissan kokonaan prototyyppinsä kanssa vai oliko niillä vielä jotain paluusuunnitelmia?
Tietääkseni on jo kuopattu projekti.

Ensi vuonna tosin nähdään Nissan-proto IMSA:ssa, kun Ligieriin laitetaan Nissanin kone ja brändätty bodykit.

FCY

Marc Liebin ja Romain Dumasin LMP1-ura päättyy jensonbuttonmaiseen "sain potkut, mutta en saanut potkuja" -malliin. No, onhan Neel Jani ollut selvästi kolmikon vahvin lenkki....

Lieb & Dumas To Move On From LMP1
2016 World Endurance Champions Marc Lieb and Romain Dumas will not return to the cockpit of an LMP1 car in 2017, Porsche has announced. Lieb will focus on customer racing with the German brand, while Dumas will take on a new undefined role.

This year, the pair won both the Le Mans 24 Hours and the WEC Drivers World Championship along with Neel Jani in the #2 Porsche 919 Hybrid.

“Marc and Romain have each made an awesome contribution to our company,” Porsche AG board member Michael Steiner said. “This goes for their work behind the steering wheel as well as for their support at other international appearances. They clearly stand for sportsmanship and our brand’s values.”

“The LMP1 programme has benefitted immensely from Marc’s and Romain’s experience, especially during the team’s build-up phase and in Le Mans,” head of Porsche LMP1 Fritz Enzinger added. “Together we went through some highs and lows in recent years. I am very pleased that both true racers can conclude this part of their Porsche career as Le Mans winners and world champions.

“I thank Marc and Romain from the depth of my heart for their high performance driving, their strong commitment and their loyalty.”

Lieb says he expected his LMP1 drive to be his last as a Porsche factory driver in international motor racing.

“I always imagined that the LMP1 programme would be my last seat as a works driver”, admitted Lieb, “and I managed to set the course early for my future career outside the cockpit at Porsche. I’m thankful for all the chances and possibilities I got at Porsche for so many years. And I’m especially grateful to my family for supporting me over two decades in racing.

“This was tough at times and I want to pay back some of it now. To perform the move into international customer racing at Porsche as a Le Mans winner and a world champion, means an incredible amount to me.”

Dumas – who this year also won Pikes Peak in a Honda powered Norma – feels that he has achieved all he can in WEC’s top category. He’s not retiring from racing altogether, as next year, aside from his duties with Porsche, the Frenchman will compete in his third Dakar.

“I think of many great years with great racing cars,” Dumas said. “We made history quite a few times, in Spa and at the Nordschleife with the 911 GT3, and obviously in Sebring with the RS Spyder.

“The last three years with the new Porsche Team in the LMP1 category were at the highest professional level. It has been an incredibly competitive and very technically challenging era.

“Winning Le Mans 24 Hours with Porsche was a dream come true and I am proud of what we achieved all together since many years. I am an man of challenges and there will be a new one soon.”
Webberin lopettaminenhan avaa kolme LMP1-paikkaa Porschella. Huhujen mukaan niin Lotterer kuin Tandy ovat jo laittaneet nimensä paperiin. Kolmanneksi on soviteltu toissavuoden Le Mans´n Tandyn ja Hülkenbergin "wingmania" Earl Bamberia, mutta en olisi kauhean yllättynyt, jos paikan saakin joku muu.

Onhan se kova kuusikko, ei sille mitään mahda: :ahem:

#1 Jani - Lotterer - Tandy
#2 Bernhard - Hartley - Bamber/Montoya/Derani/Tincknell/Vanthoor/Bruni

Jarppi

The Trulli Train
Sijainti
Home
Toyotan LMP1 tiimissä työskentelevä Hisatake Murata kertoi että Peugeot, Mazda ja Hyundai ovat kiinnostuneita FIA WEC.stä, mutta se ei välttämättä tapahtuisi ihan piakkoin, ACO on tietoinen myös näistä.

JGTP

Sepangin 12 tunnin ajon voittoon ajoi sitten Vanthoorin porukan Audi ja samalla Vanthoor otti sarjamestaruuden.

Ja en ole varma, mainitsinko jo täällä aiemmin, mutta keväänä suunta olisi Span 6:n tunnin ajoon ja seuraamaan kisaviikonloppua siellä. Lennot ja majoitukset on hommattu jo. Jos joku muukin foorumilainen on suuntaamassa paikanpäälle niin viestiä vaan tännepäin. Yritän sitten myös pistää tänne meininkiä ja kuvia kisaviikonlopusta. Harmi kyllä tuo Audin lopettaminen, sillä ei pääse välttämättä näkemään LMP1-luokassa niin kovatasoista kilpailua sillä varasin matkan jo ennen Audin lopettamista. Tosin eipä tuo varmaan olisi toisaalta vaikuttanut olisikin ollut jo tiedossa, että Audi lopettaa mutta harmi se silti on.

Viimeksi muokattu: